Jason Oakley on LinkedIn: #productmarketing #competitiveintelligence #competitiveenablement
It's true 👇 Healthy competition is important for your industry and your customers. A quick story 📖 My sister and her family lived down the street from...
It’s true 👇
Healthy competition is important for your industry and your customers.
A quick story 📖
My sister and her family lived down the street from two convenience stores — Triple A Convenience and Pizzeria, and Jubilee Junction Convenience Store.
Any former student in Halifax, NS will know these two stores well.
Directly across the street from each other, they are a classic example of competition benefitting customers.
For anyone living in that area — it’s either Triple A, Jubilee Junction. Which has lead to a ton of innovative ideas.
Here are some examples I found in a 2018 article in the Dalhousie Gazette 👇
- “Both started providing free ice cream (using report cards in lieu of money) to students on the final day of school.”
- “Triple A goes the extra mile by providing DalCard access, clever advertising (Gatorade as hangover cures) and a delivery service that offers snacks with your pizza.”
- “Both shops open late and offer cheap junk food, making either the perfect stop after a night out.”
Without the threat of a worthy competitor looming across the street, it would be easy for either store to phone it in as the only shop around.
Here’s an interesting quote at the end of the article:
“So, who’s better? It can’t really be said. Either way, we win.”
I think that sums it up pretty well. What do you think?
- Here’s the article I mentioned, written by the Dalhousie Gazette 👇 https://dalgazette.com/arts-culture/food/triple-a-vs-jubilee-junction/
- And thanks to https://swipefile.com/ for the great photo.