Jason Oakley on LinkedIn: 6 stats you should know about interactive demos
Here are 6 stats you should know about Interactive Demos To help you build an experience that drives revenue 💪 This data comes from the 2023 State of…
Here are 6 stats you should know about Interactive Demos
To help you build demos that drive revenue 💪
This data comes from the 2023 State of Interactive Demo Report, created by Navattic.
They analyzed over 5000 B2B SaaS websites and 3000 interactive demos across a variety of different use cases in marketing, sales, and post-sales.
But first, why are interactive demos so hot right now?
There’s no question that most buyers are doing their own research before talking to sales.
That includes wanting to touch and feel your product. To get behind the wheel before buying.
Interactive demos are giving all software companies (not just PLG) the ability to offer that experience.
Giving buyers a self-guided demo right on your website.
That's a game changer for the buying experience.
Ok, so on to the data.
📈 25-40% of landing page visitors will engage with an embedded interactive demo
➡️ Embed your demo higher on the page (above the fold)
➡️ If you embed the demo lower on your page, show a 'scroll CTA' above the fold so visitors can quickly access your demo
📈 10-15 steps is the ideal length of an interactive demo
➡️ If your demo is over 20 steps, organize it with a checklist
➡️ Demos with checklists saw 17% more completions
📈 20-40% of viewers will complete an interactive demo (on average)
➡️ Keep intros short and hook visitors in
➡️ Tell a value story vs highlighting features
📈 60% of demos offered on a web page were ungated. The remaining 40% were gated.
➡️ If you're using a demo to direct traffic to your primary website CTA, like starting a trial, use an ungated demo to provide immediate value to visitors and boost overall site conversion.
📈 90% of gated demos used a form with a max of two fields.
➡️ If you are using demos to gather leads, it's okay to use a form but make it no more than two fields to limit friction and viewer drop-off.
📈 5-15% of demo views lead to a CTA conversion.
➡️ Include a CTA at steps 7 and 15 of your demo. The most CTA clicks occurred at these steps.
➡️ On each CTA step, include two options. For example, "Continue Demo" and "Schedule a Call".
Interested in checking out the full report?
Head over to Navattic’s website, click on "Resources," and grab it.