March 25, 2022
A huge shoutout to the team at Product Marketing Alliance for putting off an awesome event this week at the PMM Summit NYC. Not to mention the amazing speakers 👏
Myself, Brandon, and Erin made the trip down and wow, what a weird feeling being back at in-person events. Amazing, surreal, it’s great to be back!
A few random thoughts I’m taking away from this week:
- People are happy to be back, and you can feel it. Sessions are full, people are chatting, there’s a buzz for sure and it’s contagious. Who knows how long it will last, but take advantage while it does.
- You don't need a ton of experience to share YOUR experience. Some of the most interesting speakers were not coming from years of PMM experience, and that's fine. We all have interesting stories and lessons to share. Get out there and share yours!
- Short is sweet. Sessions were 20-25 mins with 5 for Q&A. There wasn’t a session that felt too long and by the time questions came, people were still engaged. I’m so accustomed to 45-minute webinars that being back to shorter form feels so refreshing. Less is more.
- Come without a lap-top. I know it's hard, but it'll help remove the big distraction that takes you away from fully experiencing the event. Your laptop is also a huge f-off sign to people who might want to chat. Work can wait.
- Actively listen to the sessions, even if the topic might not seem interesting to you. At the very least, you have something to spark conversation during the breaks.
That's all I got.
If you have the chance to attend one of the PMA events coming up this year, do it. Hopefully I'll see you there!